Monday, November 20, 2017

In great shape



Kuwaitis have a reputation for being people who tend to be sedentary, who do almost everything from their cars or their sofas, and whose habits don’t fit exactly in what we can called a healthy life. However, actually there are all kind of sport clubs around the city and it is possible to see many locals keen to exercise, especially in this period of the year, when the perfect temperatures for going out to burn some calories.


Apart of plenty of gyms and swimming pools, you can find many sport facilities in Kuwait to practice any kind of sport. In my neighborhood, for example, there are a couple of football fields, which you can rent for hours, and outdoor basketball and volleyball courts, near to the beach. For those who can afford it, there are also multiple options for practicing water sports, such as sailing, yachting or scuba diving in some coastal areas.

But, undoubtedly, my most motivating sport and the one which became one of my main hobbies, is running. I always try to find time to have a short race, one of the few funny things I can do in the area where I live. Now in Kuwait there are several running races, such as the Run Kuwait or the Gulf Bank G42 marathon, just last Saturday. I could participate in both in the 10 km. It was very good actually and it is not only a sport event, but also a opportunity for socializing and having fun outdoor, something that in this country is not very usual, beyond the families who go for picnic on the beach.




































I am keeping running and I hope I can find more chances to participate in a race. As I said, it is one of the few activities in which I could socialize since I am here, and it also keep me motivated enough to continue living here. Is someone joining next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment