Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The "mega museum"


Last Thursday I had the chance to visit for the first time, together with my girlfriend and friends, the Sheikh Abdullah Al-Salem cultural center, inaugurated just few weeks ago. This complex of 13 hectares, which includes six themed buildings and a theater, is one of the biggest of the world related to culture and sciences, and it already became of the main landmarks in Kuwait, which continues moving forward in its modernization process.

Each building of the complex is dedicated to one field of knowledge. Just at the beginning, on the right hand, you can find the Space Museum. In front, on the right side, the Arabic Islamic Science museum, which also includes the Fine Arts Centre. Continuing walking towards the end, after passing the theatre on the right hand, you can see the two buildings of the Science and Technology Museum and, at the end, other two structures hosting the Natural History Museum. Each one of these buildings is divided in themed halls with a very interactive and innovative format.


One of the best part I saw was the Natural History Museum. I really enjoyed all the part of the history of life in the Earth, since the first multicellular organisms until now, through the age of the dinosaurs and other extinguished species. It reminded me my hobby when I was a child, when I felt interest about books of animals and I had a nice time reviewing knowledge that I still have in some part of my brain. Other interesting area is the one about ecosystems, especially the part of the rainforest, amazing.


The Science and Technology Museum is divided in two buildings. We only visited the human body section. Here you can review the physiologic functions and the parts in our anatomy, including a corner related to psychological processes, where you can test your short memory and check your personality profile doing a short test, among other things.

The whole experience was great but everyone was exhausted at the end. In two hours and a half, we just had time to see a third part of the complex, so we will need to repeat. In this link you can find all the information about this place, including prices and timetables: https://www.ascckw.com/
I recommend you to go now these days, when weather is still no too hot, it is really worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment