Wednesday, June 5, 2019

See you next year


Last Thursday we ended the school year 2018-19 at my school after a couple of hectic weeks which, by the way, coincided with Ramadan. Our schedule was reduced so we have almost no time to finish what was pending. Finally, luckily, we could let everything arranged, so I started my holidays very relaxed and satisfied with this year. It has been very positive, not only at labor level but also in terms of personal life. It was simply a great one.



Of course, as I wrote at the end of August in last year, changing work has been key this season. It was not only a great professionally and economically progress, but also it allowed me to live closer to the working place, therefore my quality of life highly improved too. I have finished very content with my first year at the school. As I said, I had many opportunities for growing professionally and accomplishing my duties as a counselor with the support and the resources I missed the last year. I also had time to continue training and accumulating experiences and knowledge which will be helpful in my future. Moreover, the working environment and the relationship with my colleagues have been marvelous till the last day. There were some stressful moments but, in general, my final judgment is very positive.

Things like this give meaning to my work

























This school year, to be truthful, I didn’t explore Kuwait as I did in the previous season, despite being closer to the city center. It was not because I didn’t go out. Actually, I did often but Kuwait, as you know, is not the best place in terms of interesting landmarks. But anyway, my attitude towards this country has been more positive, either because the improvement of my living conditions or simply because I got used to things that previously annoyed me more. Even the extremely high temperatures affect me less and I cope with it more calmly. Finally I always find more reasons to feel happy than complaints.


This year I also was lucky to visit two incredible countries: Lebanon and Jordan. I enjoyed a lot in both, especially in the second trip, which is the first I do with my wife. They were two totally different experiences, but both were very pleasant. I recommend you if you are living or traveling in Middle East, or you are planning to come soon to this area.



But, if I have to highlight something really satisfying which is making this period one of the best I have ever lived, that is starting to share my life with one of the most loving and caring person on the Earth. Since we married, at the end of November, and we started to live in the same apartment, my wife and I had enough time to confirm our expectations and feeling lucky that we have each other. We hope it will be like that also in future years.



















I was considering adding a question mark at the end of the tittle. Recently I have been thinking if it is worthy continuing writing and publishing posts here. Throughout this year I could realize how the visits and comments have been decreasing, in both here and in the social media where I publish. Sometimes I feel like I am writing only for me, like in a personal diary. In part, I understand that Kuwait is not so attractive for the readers as India or China, for example. But, besides this, I see that the phenomena of blogs in Internet is starting to fade out gradually. People prefer that everything can be summarized in a photo in Instagram or Facebook, a thread in Twitter or a video in Youtube.

But still, I think I will continue writing again the next year. The main purpose of this blog is telling my loved ones how I am doing here. If these persons are still reading me, why should I stop now? On the other hand, this is also a way to compile content for the second part of my book, “With my own eyes”😊

As long as there is a person who shows interest in what I write, I will be here. So, see you after summer. I wish you a great vacation and, for those who are Muslims, a great Eid Al Fitr festival, which starts today in Kuwait.

See you in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment