Monday, January 8, 2018

Back from Eden



Happy New Year to everyone! So, I am in Kuwait again, coming back from a dreamlike land. These twelve last days passed so quickly in Oman, a country full of fascinating places to visit, where I hope to come back again in the future with a bit more of time.

Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, in Muscat

There are many reasons to choose Oman as a holidays destination but the main one for me was the amount of natural spaces where I could do what I am always searching for when I travel, do hiking. There are a lot of trekking routes through incredible rock formations, never-ending beaches, valleys and palm groves, passing old citadels and small villages where you can still breathe the essence of this land. It is actually all I can’t find in Kuwait, what made me experience this trip with more enthusiasm than ever.

View of a valley in Jebel Akhdar
I also enjoyed the friendliness and kindness of local people. Most of them are usually very traditional persons, but open to discover different cultures and points of view. According my friend who I visited, Arturas, who has been in Oman longer, Omani people show, in general, a big respect to foreigners, both workers and tourists. I could notice this these days; very nice people in Oman.

Fishermen in the beach of Sur

If I have to say something negative about the trip in Oman, I just realized that this is not a country for backpackers, since it is not easy to move around. I mean, most of tourists here go everywhere with their rented cars and they normally come with family or in a group. I had the feeling I was the only one walking around carrying a backpack. But, it is not impossible to travel as I did although more time is required. I have been using public buses, shared taxis and spontaneous drivers who stopped to take me to my destination. Anyway, next time I will organize it better and I will get some vehicle as should be.

I also include this tiny boat as an “alternative” vehicle
This is just a short summary of my feelings after the trip. In the next posts I will be describing with more details the places I visited and telling some stories. I hope this can help to those who are planning to travel to this paradise on earth. I would like actually to repeat it.




No comments:

Post a Comment